Published Jan. 5, 2012
The Carolinas Associated General Contractors today announced its 2012 board of directors.
Carolinas AGC represents contractors and construction-related firms in North Carolina and South Carolina, and serves as a chapter of AGC of America and the American Road and Transportation Builders Association.
The chairman of the board is Jerry Smith, of T.A. Loving Construction Co., Goldsboro, N.C. The chairman-elect is Scott Fant, of Sloan Construction Co., Duncan.
The group’s treasurer is Cleve Paul, of D.S. Simmons Inc., Goldsboro, N.C.
James Braswell Jr., of Langston Construction Co., Piedmont, is vice chairman.
Mark Hood, of Hood Construction Co. Inc., Columbia, is the past chairman.
The president and CEO of Carolina AGC is Cynthia Mills, of Charlotte, N.C.
The building division chair is Edison Cassels, of Edison Foard Inc., Charlotte, N.C. The vice chair is Paul Mashburn, of Mashburn Construction Co. Inc., Columbia.
The highway-heavy division chair is Marty McKee, of Thrift Development Corp., Seneca. The vice chair is Alan Cahill, of Blythe Construction Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
The utility division chair is Ron Brown, of State Utility Contractors Inc., Monroe, N.C. The vice chair is CW "Whit" Stutsman, of Anson Construction Co., Charleston.
The specialty contractor division chair is Todd Stevens, of W. B. Moore Co., Charlotte, N.C. The vice chair is Michelle King, of Juba Aluminum Products Co., Concord, N.C.
The supplier/service company division chair is Steve Hedges, of Sparrow Wolf & Dennis P.A., Greensboro, N.C. The vice chair is Brad Gibson, of Rutherfoord Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Allen Amsler, of McCrory Construction Co., Columbia
- Bill Edmonds, of M. B. Kahn Construction Co. Inc. (Water Works Division), Columbia
- John Muter, of New Atlantic Contracting Inc., Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Dave Rankin, of Rea Contracting, a division of The Lane Construction Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
- Sidney Heyward, of W. B. Guimarin & Co., Columbia
- David Page, of Rodgers Builders Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Keith Wayne, of Wayne Brothers Inc., Kannapolis, N.C.