Richland County has scheduled a round of open house meetings with residents to highlight recommended revisions to the County’s zoning map and Land Development Code.
Last April, County Council directed the County’s Planning Commission to prepare a new zoning map and recommend related text revisions. In November, the commission finished its work and requested that its recommendations be shared with the public before being presented to Council.
At the open house meetings, people can drop in at their convenience and review the proposed changes before those revisions go to council for consideration.
The meetings will include the Planning Commission’s recommended zoning map and changes to the text. County staff can answer residents’ questions on site.
Residents can also submit comments to County Council and staff via comment cards.
Meetings are scheduled for:
- March 22, Garners Ferry Adult Activity Center, 8620 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins (Council District 11)
- March 29, Killian Park, 1424 Marthan Road, Blythewood (Council Districts 2, 7, 8, 9)
- April 3, Richland Library Eastover, 608 Main St., Eastover (Council District 10)
- April 10, New Castle-Trenholm Acres Community Center, 5819 Shakespeare Road, Columbia (Council Districts 3, 6, 7, 8)
- April 12, Council Chambers, Richland County Administration Building, 2020 Hampton St., Columbia (Council Districts 2, 4, 5, 6)
All meetings will run from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Additional meetings specific to various Council districts will be announced as they are scheduled.
More information about the Land Development Code can be found online.