The Blythewood Chamber of Commerce has announced a voluntary recall of all pairs of solar eclipse glasses that have been given out by the chamber and area businesses.
The glasses were not manufactured by one of the five NASA certified companies, and could be harmful if used during the solar eclipse. Here is a list of places that have been giving out the defective glasses over the past two weeks:
- Town of Blythewood, 171 Langford Road
- Blythewood Chamber of Commerce, 428 McNulty St.
- Eye Concepts, 331 Killian Road, Suite B-2
- Eye Love Cares Clinic, 2240 W. DeKalb St.
- Palmetto Citizens Bank, 312 Blythewood Road
- The Shissias Law Firm, 1422 Laurel St.
- Doko Smoke, 408 Main St.
- Mid Carolina Credit Union, 10350 Wilson Blvd.
- Fowler Realty Team, 1040 Wildwood Centre Drive, Suite B
- Enclave Blythewood, 2052 Blythewood Crossing Lane
- Kroger, 1028 Roberts Branch Parkway
- Blythewood Feed & Hardware, 412 McNulty St.
- The Law Office of Shannon K. Burnett, 109 N. Main St.
- Chick-fil-A Killian Crossing, Killian Road
- Voluntary Benefits at Work
The chamber recommends all who received these solar eclipse glasses return them to any of the above locations to be discarded. Replacements have been ordered and should be available at the above locations before the eclipse weekend, Aug. 18-21.
If you have questions about your eclipse glasses, please refer to the NASA and AAS websites for more information about safely viewing the solar eclipse.
Here is a list of Midlands events.