Five employers are participating in a job fair hosted by SC Works on Thursday. Companies in the Elloree, Swansea, Orangeburg and Aiken areas are hiring for manufacturing, logistics and customer service positions.
The virtual event will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Online registration is available.
Participating companies are:
- ADUSA Distribution LLC, Elloree. Positions available: selectors and truck drivers
- DEVRO, Swansea. Positions available: shirring utility operators
- Enmarket, Orangeburg, Santee and St. George. Positions available: cashiers, cooks, sandwich makers, assistant managers, managers
- Husqvarna, Orangeburg. Positions available: material handlers, assemblers, maintenance, welders and press operators
- BH Management Services LLC, Aiken. Positions available: maintenance technicians
SC Works also announced the awarding of more than $1 million to South Carolina’s 12 local workforce development areas by the State Workforce Development Board for incumbent worker training. The program, made available through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, helps employers build and retain a skilled workforce.
The program provides funding for training necessitated by expansion, new technology, new services or organizational changes or to avoid layoffs. S.C. businesses or nonprofits will at least one full-time employee other than the owner that are current on state tax obligations and registered in the SC Works Online Services system are eligible.
Employers are encouraged to call the SC Works center closest to them and speak with a business consultant for more information.