Twenty-four business professionals have been recognized for their influence on the community with selections to the Columbia Regional Business Report’s inaugural list of Icons and Phenoms.
For the first time this year, the Business Report is honoring two groups of people making an impact: Icons, the community pillars who have established standards of business and civic excellence; and Phenoms, the up-and-coming go-getters who are changing the landscape.
The honorees were nominated by Business Report readers and selected by a panel of judges.
Among this year’s honorees are professionals in nonprofits, architecture, real estate, banking, law and hospitality. These outstanding people will be honored at a luncheon on April 11, and a profile of each will be published in the April 22 issue of the Business Report.
Tickets for the event are available online.
The 2019 honorees are:
- Lou Kennedy, Nephron Pharmaceuticals CEO
- Mike Brenan, BB&T regional president
- Otis Rawl, president and CEO, Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce
- Ashby Gressette, president, director of architecture, Stevens & Wilkinson
- Lola Jordan, president, Companion Data Services
- Louis Lynn, chair, ENVIRO AgScience
- Bert Pooser Jr., CEO, IMIC Hotels
- Rebecca Laffitte, attorney, Robinson Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC
- Ron Scott, firm chair, Scott & Corley PA
- Tom Prioreschi, owner, Capitol Places LLC
- Heather Mitchell, president, The Boudreaux Group
- Ben Rex, president, Cyberwoven
- Ben Umberger, managing partner, Carolina Conservation
- Seth Rose, attorney and S.C. House representative
- Lisa Hostetler Brown, owner, LawyerLisa LLC
- Michelle Dawson, owner, Heartwood Speech Therapy
- Samantha Yager, city of Columbia recycling coordinator
- Adriane McGillis, senior associate, Stevens & Wilkinson
- Charlie Banks, managing director, VentureSouth
- Cedric Flemming, associate consultant, Capgemini
- Leslie Simpson, associate, MGC Insurance Defense
- Kristen Beckham, external affairs manager, state and local affairs, Dominion
- Walker Inabinet, financial advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Jeff Lawler, residential broker, Coldwell Banker