Nineteen influential women, from civic leaders to communication professionals, have been named 2020 Women of Influence by the Columbia Regional Business Report.
These groundbreaking women, nominated by CRBR readers and selected by a panel of judges, will be honored in an online event in September. Registration information will be available soon.
Profiles of the 2020 honorees will be published in the Aug. 17 print edition of the Business Report.
The honorees range from a mover-and-shaker mayor to a serial Midlands entrepreneur, from leaders in law, engineering and architecture to bright lights in the nonprofit field.
Congratulations to the 2020 honorees:
- Elise Partin, mayor of Cayce
- JoAnn Turnquist, president and CEO, Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Cherise Arrendale, director, strategic initiatives and communications, Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Candice McCuien, co-owner, Excel Real Estate
- Mary Sparrow, owner/operator, Chesnut Cottage Bed & Breakfast
- Elizabeth Tinker, cybersecurity manager, Elliott Davis
- Courtney Young, CEO/president/founder, ForeSight Communications
- Sara Hazzard, president and CEO, S.C. Manufacturers Alliance
- Cor’Deija Horne, CEO and creative director, The Avenue Events & Design LLC
- Sutton Shaw, executive director, The Big Red Barn Retreat
- Marguerite McClam, owner and president, Palmetto Consulting Engineering Group Inc.
- Gayle Aycock, president and CEO, LRADAC
- Nancy Smith, general manager, S.C. State Fair
- Kim Jamieson, director of marketing and air service development, Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Ashley Batson, executive director, S.C. Asphalt Pavement Association
- Sara Barber, executive director, S.C. Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Tamara Burk, professor and director of P.L.A.C.E. Fellows and Leadership Studies Programs, Columbia College
- Irene Dumas Tyson, master planner, The Boudreaux Group
- Mary Caskey, shareholder and management committee member, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd P.A.