The Columbia Regional Business Report celebrated the 2021 Icons & Phenoms Wednesday at a luncheon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia. Colleagues and friends joined the 24 honorees to recognize their many contributions to the Midlands community.
Twelve Icons, respected pillars who have established standards of business and civic excellence, and 12 Phenoms, motivated go-getters who are getting things done in new and exciting ways, received custom-made glass plaques and applause from the crowd. SC Biz News publisher Rick Jenkins and co-emcee Meghan Hickman, managing partner and integrator for Sagacious Partners, presented each honoree, along with a brief bio and list of accomplishments.
Leaders in industries ranging from finance and law to nonprofits and engineering were recognized.
The Icons & Phenoms are nominated each year by CRBR readers and chosen by a panel of judges. The publication will next honor Women of Influence in November, with nominations for those awards opening soon.
The 2021 Columbia Regional Business Report Icons & Phenoms are:
- Tod Augsburger, president and CEO, Lexington Medical Center
- John Barnes, co-founder and CEO, Pendleton Street Business Advisors
- Linda Bell, S.C. state epidemiologist and director of DHEC's Bureau of Communicable Disease Prevention and Control
- Sara Fawcett, president and CEO, United Way of the Midlands
- Erin Ford, interim CEO, SCBIO
- Cheryl Holland, president of Abacus Planning Group
- Dominik Mjartan, president and CEO, Optus Bank
- Mary Louise Resch, director of Philanthropy, Central S.C. Habitat for Humanity
- Pat Smith, agency director, Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School
- Byron Snellgrove, city of Cayce director of public safety
- Joe Taylor, owner, Park and Washington
- Ram'on Wideman, owner/president and CEO of Anointed Business Solutions LLC
- Phill Blair, owner, The Whig/WECO Bottle & Biergarten
- Lyndey Bryant, business litigation attorney, Adams and Reese LLP
- Ryan Coleman, director of economic development for the city of Columbia
- Joseph Dickey, managing partner, Dickey Law Group
- Tracy Hegler, city manager, city of Cayce
- Ashley Hunter, CEO, MPA Strategies
- Amanda Loveday, COO, NP Strategy
- Shayla Merritt, senior marketing coordinator, SSOE | Stevens & Wilkinson
- Travis McNeal, executive director, Oliver Gospel Mission
- Katie Oliver, CFO, DartPoints LLC
- Josh Rabon, managing partner, Civil Engineering of Columbia
- Tommy Volz, Eastern U.S. sponsorship marketing manager, Wells Fargo
- Augsburger, Bell and Blair were unable to attend the awards luncheon.