A 14,400 square foot flex office space building in West Columbia has reached 100% occupancy, and Colliers International will now begin marketing the property at 560 Chris Drive for sale.
Air conditioning system supplier Carrier leased 3,656 square feet of space from owner Ronald Weathers, represented by Colliers’ Chuck Salley, Dave Matthews and Thomas Beard.
“With the addition of Carrier, 560 Chris Drive is now fully occupied by high-quality, credited tenants – a key indicator of an industrial building’s success in the market,” Salley said in a new release. “Now that we have been able to reach this goal, we will begin positioning and marketing the building for sale.”
The Cayce/West Columbia submarket is one of the tightest flex/industrial markets in central South Carolina with an overall vacancy rate of 2.8% at the end of the second quarter of 2017.
In other Colliers transactions:
- Henry Roe and Allen Wilkerson represented the landlord in the lease of 250 Berryhill Road, Suite 224, to the Central Midlands Council of Governments.
- Roe and Wilkerson represented Stansfield Properties in the sale of 536 Meeting Street in West Columbia to Rabbit Realty for $354,000.
- J.P. Scurry and Scottie Smith represented Bikram Yoga Columbia in the lease of 4717 Forest Drive, Suite 1.
In other area transactions:
- Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group leased 7,724 square feet of space in the Landmark I building in the Landmark Professional Office and Medical Park at 3600 Forest Drive. NAI Avant senior broker Macon Lovelace and broker Peyton Bryant represented the landlord. Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group will open a new family medicine practice in the building next spring.
- NAI Avant senior broker Laura Kovacich represented landlord Blythewood Concepts LLC & Bishopville DG LLC in the lease of 5,300 square feet of space in the Village at Blythewood retail center to Anytime Fitness of Blythewood. The fitness center, a tenant for more than 10 years, recently completed its second expansion.
- Commercial real estate financer Hunt Mortgage Group has provided $22.3 million to finance the acquisition of a three-property Columbia portfolio using the Fannie Mae Green Rewards Program. The financing was arranged by Greenville-based Aline Capital LLC. The portfolio’s 625 units include Park Place Apartments, Copperfield Apartments and Hunter’s Ridge Apartments. Keith Morris, vice president in the Hunt Mortgage Group’s Atlanta office, said the borrower will invest in energy-efficient renovations and interior improvements.