Specialty food services such as bakeries continue to be among the hottest new tenants of rental space around the state, including the Midlands. One recent example is Crumbl Cookies’ lease of 1,414 square feet of retail space in the Cardinal Crossing development at 4605 Forest Drive in Forest Acres.
Founded in Utah in 2017, Crumbl Cookies’ menu includes mainstays such as its milk chocolate chip cookie and also features a rotating assortment of offerings. The chain has more than 300 bakeries in 36 states.
In the Midlands, Crumbl Cookies also has a location at 5135 Sunset Blvd, Suite J.
Lexington Medical Center expands
Lexington Medical Center continues its expansion of facilities around the Columbia area with the recent purchase of two properties. NAI Columbia’s Ben Kelly Patrick Chambers and Jack Springs represented Lexington Medical in the transactions.
The first new location is a 21,475-square-foot office building located at 1000 Center Point Road inside the Center Point Business Park, near the intersection of I-26 and I-20 in Columbia.
The other is at 2729 Sunset Blvd., directly across from Lexington Medical’s main campus in West Columbia. The property sits on 5.98 acres and was formerly occupied by a Farm Bureau claims center.
Lexington Medical Center also recently purchased two properties at 5133 and 5143 Forest Drive, with plans of building 20,000 square feet of office space to house a family practice and obstetrics/gynecology office.
New medical offices at Landmark
NAI Columbia principal Jeff Hein recently executed the lease of two office suites in the Landmark Business Park to medical tenants.
The first is a 11,608-square-foot space located within Landmark II, and the second is for 3,310 square feet in Landmark IV. Both spaces are currently undergoing renovations with projected occupancy in the first quarter of 2023.
“We are thrilled to have two new medical tenants join Landmark Business Park,” said Hein. “We’re continuing to see great leasing momentum in Landmark from traditional office tenants as well as medical tenants.”
The three-building park located at the corner of Forest Drive and Beltline Boulevard in Forest Acres is owned by LM Cola Partners LLC, a Greenville-based investment group. The park’s 50 current occupants include professional businesses, nonprofits and medical practices.
321 Logistics fully leased, construction completed
Development and construction of 321 Logistics, a 181,440-square-foot industrial building in the Lexington County Industrial Park in West Columbia, is complete.
The Magnus Development Partners project, located along Highway 321 less than a mile from the intersection of interstates 77 and 26, was fully leased to three tenants before construction was completed. The Colliers | South Carolina industrial brokerage team of Chuck Salley, Dave Mathews, Thomas Beard and John Peebles represented Magnus in the leasing of 68,040 square feet to CED Greentech in July 2021, 56,700 square feet to The Marwin Co. in February and 56,700 square feet to AGP Glass in March.
Colliers also represented CED Greentech and AGP Glass in the transactions.
“The industrial demand in central South Carolina continues to show its strength while existing availabilities are scarce,” Salley, managing director of industrial services in Colliers’ Columbia office, said in a news release. “321 Logistics was the last available Class A industrial space in the market until new construction delivers in the fourth quarter of 2022. Because of that, tenants are considering executing leases well in advance of a building’s delivery to secure space within buildings under construction or planned.”
Solar equipment distributor CED Greentech relocated from another West Columbia site to a larger space at 321 Logistics. The new location serves S.C. markets as well as Charlotte, Asheville, Augusta and Savannah.
Cayce-based residential construction business The Marwin Co., which provides energy-saving attic access solutions and doors, moved a portion of its current operations to 321 Logistics.
The West Columbia location is the first in S.C. for AGP Glass and serves as a satellite production plant for the international automotive glass company.
Other recent Colliers area transactions include:
- Allen Wilkerson and Markus Kastenholz represented Florence East Properties in the sale of a 50-site mobile home community at 3175 Tall Oaks Drive in Florence to Benchmark Housing for $6,350,000.
- Henry Roe and Allen Wilkerson represented St. Andrews Offices LLC in the lease of 6,033 square feet of office space at 240 Stoneridge Drive in Columbia to the S.C. Commission for Minority Affairs.
- Allen Wilkerson represented Columbia Skin Clinic LLC in the purchase of a 3,400-square-foot office building at 7039 St. Andrews Road in Columbia for $850,000.
- Tommy Johnson represented HPT Sunbelt Portfolio LLC in the lease of 3,350 square feet of office space at Meridian, 1320 Main St., Columbia.
- Rox Pollard and John Gressette represented Kao Thai Cuisine in the leasing of 2,276 square feet of retail space at 1307 Main St., Columbia.
- Mary Winter Teaster represented Northeast Medical Development Group LLC in the lease of 1,452 square feet of office space at 710 Rabon Road I Columbia to Mark Their Words Therapy Services.
- Crawford Prezioso represented Keenan Energy in the sale of a 1,250-square-foot gas station at 239 S. Congaree St., Winnsboro to Roots Oil.