Richland County's Office of Small Business Opportunity will play host to an online event focused on preparing small businesses for a crisis.
Save My Business: Crisis Preparedness is the theme of the third annual Engage Richland Small Business Summit, to be held from 9 a.m. until noon on Sept. 8. Participants can sign up online at https://savemybussiness.eventbrite.com.
The summit will include breakout sessions on topics such as crisis planning, emergency action planning, COVID-19 funding and disaster management.
"We are confident that at the end of the summit, our small business community will walk away prepared for any crisis they may be faced with," Erica Wade, OSBO manager, said in a news release.
Panelists and sessions are:
- Tony Grant, CEO, Grant Business Advisors LLC; session: Crisis Planning
- Ron Harvey, vice president, Global Core Strategies & Consulting LLC; session: Pivoting During and After a Disaster
- John B. Gethers, COVID-19 consultant, South Carolina Small Business Development Center; session: COVID-19 impact
- Miranda Spivey, division manager, Richland County Emergency Services; session: Emergency Action Planning
- Jessica Stalker, financial advisor, Edward Jones Investments; session: Succession Planning
For more information, call 803-576-1540 or email email@example.com.